Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete All Orphaned Users in UCX - CUCMBE

CUCMBE 7.x

Building a new CUCMBE system and had an issue with a large number of users. I bulk deleted the users in UCM, and the users became "orphaned" in UCX ... so much for unified/synched apps; I thought it would just delete all the accounts in UCX. So how can I bulk delete all of these accounts in UCX? The only delete option is under a single user.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

12 Replies 12

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brian,

There is no easy way around this other than going user by user.  The only other way would be for TAC to come up with SQL queries that can find and remove these.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had a CUCMBE go haywire between CUC and CUCM (same box) and it orphaned all my users in CUC.  I had to use a tool from Cisco Unity Tools to delete all of them out of the system on CUC.

There is a bug with something between this and I cant recall what it was.   Lindborg mentioned it somewhere to me that the developers kind of knew about this.

Like the other poster said... call TAC to dig in the database and fix it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brian,

Three of my faves in one thread

Just to add a couple of notes to the great info from Brad and TCAT (+5 points each guys!)

I thought this was a very interesting question so I wanted to dig around

to see what I could find. Seems like a bit of a "connect the dots" here. It

seems like either a "one by one" delete or a TAC case is where this is at;

If this user is configured in Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection, the user association to Cisco Unified Communications Manager gets broken when you delete the user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. You can delete the orphaned user in Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection Administration. See the applicable User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection for more information. Refer to the applicable System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity for more Cisco Unity information. Deleting the user will delete all messages in the user voice mailbox.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b08user.html#wp1062157

From BAT Delete Users;

Deleting User Accounts
Revised May 2009

Note The information in this section is not applicable to deleting user accounts in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition (CMBE).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmacappa.html#wp1043169

From Master Lindborg;

"CoRes (business edition) doesn't let you bulk delete users out of Connection - you have to do it from the Call Manager side of the fence to keep the DB links between the two clean"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1211642#1211642

Bulk User Delete

Compatibility        Unity Connection 7.0(1) and later - stand alone installations only.  This tool does NOT work with Business Edition (co resident Connection and Call Manager) installations.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Just some thoughts here.

Cheers!

Rob

Always a pleasure Rob.

So, this is coming from a person with lots of CM and Unity experience, but new to CUCMBE...

My experience to date with CUCMBE has been: delete a user in UCM and it is automatically deleted in UCX. Simple enough.

So when I came up with an issue where I needed to create a bunch of roaming/shared voicemail boxes (see my other post on this), but later didn't like the way it annunciated the default greeting (e.g., "Sorry, CTI 3201, is not available" I rolled my eyes and thought I'll just bulk delete them in UCM and all the accounts should successfully delete in UCX. Era, no. Didn't work.

Now I have 233 UCX accounts and the thought of clicking FIND>MAILBOX>DELETE for each and every one makes me cringe.

So I'm curious what Master (Jedi )  Lindborg would have to say.

Next step is opening a TAC case ... once I can get to the customer site. We've had an unpleasant morning of "surprise snow" and they didn't salt the roads out there. Fender benders abound. What a mess.

I'll let you know the outcome.

All the best,

Brian Carscadden

I tried to use this tool:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

But that was BEFORE Jeff updated the notes saying do not use with CUCMBE.....     apparently in 7.1 there will be an "Agent" that will clean up the orphans in the databases if you are using AXL. (from my notes when emailing the Jedi.)

I think the only work around I had was to delete them from CUCM and then delete them from CUC, then I could go back and what I needed to do.

(on top of it, they were LDAPd in CUCM...)

needless to say... Id stick with TAC and have them clean it out manually for you.   

This is one reason I do not use AXL with CUC anymore.  Id rather keep it stand alone or separate LDAP integrated. (No AXL)  I cant see any benefits with AXL and CUC at this point.    I know that UCCX requires it.

My first round with TAC isn't going so well. Here's there response to the symptoms:

"This is the behavior by default for UC even with a CUCMBE install. I assume these uses you want to delete were imported from, CUCM correct?

If this is the case you can use the Bulk Administration Tool to delete the users. Just generate an export off all the users with mailboxes and  then same the csv file. Once that has been done you can clean up the CSV file and then use BAT to delete the user in the CSV file."

I'm thinking they're a little confused.

Brian

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brian,

Lots of "messy" driving here lately as well

Just curious (as we don't run BE either). Can you do an

"open ended" search and use the Check boxes to select what

accounts to delete??

Cheers!

Rob

Unforunately no. A search returns just individual links for each account ... no checkboxes, or 'select all' option.

Looks like this:

You have to click on each account, then press a 'Delete' button.

TAC case is open. Eagerly awaiting their call.

Brian

(logged in with my corp account)

Hi Brian,

Interesting. Just so you don't feel alone here, I am currently

deleting 1473 Octel accounts from our old system...........

one at a time I can't just shut down the old beast as we

have some Nortel phone users (Student Association) still on there.

Cheers!

Rob

7224....Delete>Yes>Yes>7225....Delete>Yes>Yes>7226....(Ugh!!)

Oooof ... sorry to hear Rob. I think I'll quit complaining.

The verdict from TAC: delete them one-by-one.

They have a SQL query command to delete one account if there's an issue ... with ONE account, but not bulk.

If there's a light at the end of the tunnel, it's that after all this clicking I'm off to Florida for some R&R until next Tuesday.

Winter Schminter....

Regards,

Brian

Have fun,fun,fun my friend!!

Talk soon

Huff

I'm having the same issue.  Did you happen to get the sql command to delete a single account?

Thanks,

Shane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: