cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

acs 4.2

dkblee
Level 1
Level 1

hi! our acs 4.2 has been configured with AAA clients with all my management network switches eg. 172.16.1.*. and it's able to work using the AD authenticaion. My 2x acs svrs are in the 172.16.2.x network. Do i need to add in 172.16.2.x (AAA server) as a AAA client as well? I'm not able to login to my ACS 4.2 servers with my AD accounts. It can only be login using the local administrator account in ACS.

As the svr is previously configured by someone else and i think the AD authentication is through a windows agent. Is it possible to use LDAP directly without going through the agent for ad account mapping? pls advise...am very new to this?

thx.

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi ,

In ACS admin user needs to be configured locally and not on any external database. No need to add ACS server as client. If you dont remeber admin password then we need to do password recovery.

For LDAP no need to use Remote agent.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

hi! I would like to know how do i map the local grp to the Windows AD ldap without using remote agent? what r basic steps to follow? thx.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

Local administrator database account in ACS 4.2 will work for login into ACS 4.2 rather with external DB.

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the valueble post

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: