cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing points!?

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So i was at 250 ... got a 5 star rating and seen it raise to 250 ... but then tonight its back down to 250 !?

Any ideas? Did Leo steal my points again!?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi George,

Your points are now back to 260 and I can assure you Leo didn't steal them   I believe it's a caching issue and am having IT investigate.  If you are ever in doubt about your points just go to your profile and check the reputation tab.  It should always display the most up to date number.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

May I ask if there exists a trade-off between real-time response from the site and real-time accuracy of the points of the members? If this is so, then you can steal some of my points and distribute them to members, if that's what it takes to have the site performing at an acceptable level!

Kind Regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

What a team player you are by offering up your points for site speed   There are some aspects of the rating system that are cached to help improve performance but I don't believe George's issue is one of them.  Now, I have been wrong once or twice so I've asked IT   If it is cached and George wants his points real-time I'll just start giving him yours

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Great! Only problem with this plan is that I don't have infinite points. Don't worry though, because I do have infinite votes. If inconsistencies exist and you have run out of my points, just drop me an e-mail and I will start massively rating posts!

Kind Regards,

Maria

Edit: You will have to take care of the answered flags yourself, because I do not have sufficient privileges for this.

thanks... i also noticed the the site isnt updating as well... for

example post are checked as anwsered, but doesnt show it ...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3009360#3009360

thanks...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hey George,

Hope all is well my friend

I'm pretty sure that "answered" question dealio is being looked at,

here is a good thread started by Peter from a week ago;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2001213?tstart=0

Maria...I have rated your post here a +5 for sheer kindness!! If Dan

is taking points away and redistributing them on the site, I suggest

he take them away from that "deadbeat" Huff guy

Cheers to all!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the rating my friend! I guess we have 5 more points for the good purpose of speeding up the site! You are my model of kindness. Although I sign with 'kind regards', I am not always the kind person I would like to be!

In the past we had issues with the rating system, but Dan and Tim were saying there was not really a problem with the underlying data. So, if the data are fine in the end, I don't think we should insist a lot about our points being shown right away at all areas of the site now that the site is performing so much better. That was the point I was trying to make. I just said it in a weird way!

Kind Regards,

Maria

p.s. "redistributing"? That's the magic word of the week in WAN, Routing and Switching!

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

George,

This is in fact a caching issue.  If all goes well we should be able to release a fix next week.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Just want to let you know that the same thing is happening with my points too.  I was at 484 yesterday and I earned 10 to 15 points today, now not only it does not show the additions to my total points, it also subtracted 4 points and am now at 480 even when I click on my profile.

Thanks,

Reza

Hi Reza,

Your profile now shows 499.  It must be my magic touch   In order to see your true number you need to click on the "reputation" tab in your profile.  Once you click on that tab it will show your true point total and reset the cache.  At that point your profile should show the correct number going forward.  You'll be happy to know this bug should be fixed in our 2/4 release

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your quick response.  I see "reputation" tab is only place that shows the true numbers.

BTW, the site is blazing fast. Keep up the good work.

Reza

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi George,

It's common knowledge here in Canberra (Australia) that if it's ain't BOLTED to the floor, I'm gonna get it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links