One voice gateway router, two E1 cards

Unanswered Question
Jan 27th, 2010

Hi All,

I have a 2851 router as a voice gateway, with two E1's cards, each going to its own PRI. Currently all outgoing calls go out one E1 interface. How do I split them so calls from X range go out one gateway, and the rest go out the other?

IOS 12.3(14)T4

The E1 cards are S0/3/0 and 0/0/0.

CCM 4.1

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ssadayap Thu, 01/28/2010 - 01:50

One possible way is :

Have two outgoing dialpeers and one for X range and another one Y range. Now assign the E1 ports accordingly..

Under the outgoing pots dialpeer,

direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/1:15  <===== give your port number here...

DigitalCindie Thu, 01/28/2010 - 11:44

Hi,

Here is an example of one of the existing outbound dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 21 pots
description PSTN Access (Telecom Mobile)
destination-pattern 1027.......
progress_ind alert enable 8
progress_ind progress enable 8
progress_ind connect enable 8
port 0/0/0:15
forward-digits all

I tried adding incoming calling-number to it to specifiy which callers should go out which dial-peer, but it just stopped them being able to call at all.

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 01/28/2010 - 22:52

Have two outgoing dialpeers and one for X range and another one Y range. Now assign the E1 ports accordingly..

Under the outgoing pots dialpeer,

direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/1:15  <===== give your port number here...

The above simply does nothing for this need. Beside, direct-inward-dial is an option for inbound pots DP, not outbound.

Cisco example configuration: is at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

The same can also done more elegantly without number manipulation, using COR instead. There is a thread about if you look few pages back in this forum.

Actions

This Discussion