Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for limits and comparison on UCCE vs UCCX for 300-400 agents cc

Hello all,

I am trying to find some comparison and qualifying info for my client who currently have under 300 agents and may go to 400 agents max.  They have CUCM, IPCC 7.x and CVP all redundant etc.

I need some facts and documents to support if UCCX can (if it can) support upto 400 or so agents.  I am neutral however I would like my client to lookinto this if it makes long term sense and short term ease in support.  They only have about 20 or so call flows with limited data dips and screen pops.  May be refreshing CM 4.x to 7.x soon along with icm, cvp etc.

I apprecite any quick feedback.  You are welcome to send me direct at baseer@netfci.com as well.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well UCCX supports 150 agents on a 7845 in either HA or in normal operation.  So your already at 2-3 clusters of UCCX.  The pricing for UCCE won't be much different.  If they aren't going to grow much you could consider System CCE, but at the cost they are looking at having to spend regardless you might as well go UCCE / CVP in my book.  IP IVR isn't even much cheaper anymore..

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

To me, it makes no sense. Stay with a well-designed fault-tolerant ICM/CVP.

It seems that there is something else underlying this request. Is the customer finding it too hard to support this platform because they don't have any trained staff, and feel that day-to-day management of a UCCX platform would be easier?

Regards,

Geoff

That is one possible reason overall we want to make it simple if we can and

yes we want to eventually give it to some third party like, quwest, CDW etc.

Thanks,

Baseer.

I don't think it makes long term sense as UCCX could put them in a corner in the future.  Ultimately, they could consolidate some servers in UCCE, but once you're enterprise you can do so much by leveraging CVP and CTIOS.

david

Well UCCX supports 150 agents on a 7845 in either HA or in normal operation.  So your already at 2-3 clusters of UCCX.  The pricing for UCCE won't be much different.  If they aren't going to grow much you could consider System CCE, but at the cost they are looking at having to spend regardless you might as well go UCCE / CVP in my book.  IP IVR isn't even much cheaper anymore..

Cheers,

Chad

Thanks every one. Client and I have decided to keep Enterprise and will be upgrading

what we have rather than downsizing.

Appreciate every ones input.  I tried to rate you as well.

Take Care

Baseer.

One point of correction here: CCX is capable of handling up to 300 agents on a MCS 7845, at least for inbound voice calls. There are limits to this though (e.g. email is only 120 agents maximum). I'm glad they are staying with UCCE though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: