Views
Helpful
Replies

Idea about how to combine 2 separate network but same Network Block

dantebarlizo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

If anyone has done this before or have ideas please share  me youre ideas. We have 2 separate networks and suddenly

decided to implement a capability tthat their voip can call each other  w/o passing thru PSTN. We gonna put a separate

dedicated link (Fiber). But the problem is their using same network 192.x.x.x. I'm thinkin about address tanslation but

kinda tricky for me. Were using CME 4.0 in 3800 series and 4 digits local extension and 7 to the other side.

I really appreciate it if you share youre ideas w/ me. Thanks

4 Replies 4

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

On each network I'd put the phones on seperate VLAN/Subnet. For example...

Network 1

Workstations 192.168.100.0/24

Phones 192.168.101.0/24

Network 2

Workstations 192.168.100.0/24

Phones 192.168.102.0/24

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.. Not  possible.. i forgot to mention that both network is already

existing and in production. And a lot of their network block is the same. I'm thinking

it's going to be address translation. but very tricky.

Understood. However, with careful planning it wouldn't take much to move the phones over to a new network. To reduce your exposure you could move a few phones at a time. Either way good luck.

Thanks a lot mate...  That would really work if the current plan is approved w/c is b/w 50 to 100 phones only on each

side that are allowed to call each other.. But I think it's going to be a problem  if they suddenly decide to change it

to all off the phones should be w/c is around estimate of 2000 to 3000 phones of all sides at least. I

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card