Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on result of packet-tracer debugging

beheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out a problem on a 5505.

I've created a static mapping and adjusted the acl on the outside interface to accept traffic for the public ip address in the mapping.

When I run the packet-tracer to verify if traffic is allowed to use the static, all steps are allowed, till the last bit.

The output ends with Drop-reason: (no-adjacency) No valid adjacency.

The asa can ping both source and destination, so I'm a bit baffled.

Posting the config is my preference, but this one is quite extensive and editing all the addresses is too time exhausting in this case. Sorry about that.

Your thoughts on this matter are appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would you pls. try a "clear local x.x.x.x" for the ip that you added a static for and try the same thing?

-KS

Tried that, no dice.

I've attached the output from the packet-tracer debug.

Posted a case with TAC, will post results when this has been resolved.

The issue has been resolved.

The ip address this trace was going to has been configured on a new interface. This interface had not had a nat statement added for it.

That was step one.

The adjacency error may have been resolved this way, or this happened after I removed the ospf cost natotations which were present on the vlan interfaces, I'm not sure on this one.

TAC was very helpfull as always, if not very easy to understand because of the persons pronounciation problems.......

Case closed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card