Views
Helpful
Replies

CB21AG drivers for Windows 7 32-bit

Ensign_IT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I haven't been able to find any Windows 7 compatible drivers anywhere for the CB21AG card and there seems to be nothing on the Cisco site. Does anybody have these drivers, or know when they might be released?

Thanks a lot

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What happens when you run the software in "XP Mode"?

We've tried running the software in XP compatibility mode, but to no avail unfortunately. If you're talking about the virtual XP mode environment, we haven't tried that as we'd rather not have to use it unless we have to.

Before you d/l the file, you have the option to put a comment down.  Usually if the comment is negative, someone will contact you within 4 hours.  I recommend you try this out.

We've tried doing that, but we've had no response.

Ok, now that is very odd indeed!  I have made numerous comments and this is why I'm was confident someone would've contacted you.

Yeah, it is a shame! Oh well, I guess we'll have to sit tight until Cisco decide to give more information...

NikoKeeling
Level 1
Level 1

ahhh yup. me too. it does suck. i have the PI21AG and im having the same problem, but i have Windows 7 64 bit.

Hi All,

Plz try installing the drivers for vista from the website and try once..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

jimmycrackhead
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched high and low for working drivers for this card for Windows 7 32 bit. The closest I have found were the Vista drivers available for download on the Cisco site.

I installed the drivers and they didn't work right away, I had to uninstall and scan for hardware changes until the card was detected. After that it was fully functional (Internet/Network Access, etc.), of course until I restarted the system.

The problem I am running into right now is that, when Windows 7 is loading it freezes at the windows loading screen (The one with the Windows logo), and the classpnp.sys in safe mode with networking.

I have found a trick that works temporarily. Disable the card in the device manager every time you shut down, and enable it after the computer is restarted. This is a pain but at least works for the time being.

Does anyone know why this driver would be causing the freeze? Please don't tell me it's incompatible because I know it is compatible, I have it working right now. Something in Windows 7 is throwing an error when this driver or the cisco settings are loaded. Also, the problem has nothing to do with the driver not being "Digitally Signed" I have heard this over and over and that is not the problem.

I am searching for a windows/cisco guru that can explain why this driver would be fully functional after the system has booted but will fail on boot-up.

"One more note" I had an idea to have a batch file disable the card everytime the computer is shut down, and restarted everytime the computer is booted. But what happens if there is a power failure, the card will still be enabled thus leading to the same freeze.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

James

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card