cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPIVR Write Document Step to another server

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IPIVR script that writes a text document to a local drive on the IPIVR server.  Now I want it to write that same doc to a drive on another server and can't get it to work.  I've tried putting the server/share path in the Write doc step but that fails I'm guessing for security reasons as there isn't any place to enter authentication for the other server.  Next I tried mapping a drive on the IPIVR to my second server and using this path in the script and it fails also.  Both times when I debug I get a java.io error file path not found.  Accessing the mapped drive through windows I can manually create the txt file so I know permissions are okay that way but it still fails in the script.  Any ideas?  Is this even possible?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is not supported/possible because Tomcat is running as a system service, not an interactively logged in user. Writing to the local disk isn't recommended/supported either in reality. You are supposed to store all data within the repositories. The repositories exist in SQL and are synchronized to the local disk for runtime use only. Anything on the disk gets overwritten by what exists in the repositories. The local disk is not backed up at all either.

Also be aware that CCX 8.0 will be a sealed Linux appliance. Your file system access will be extremely limited.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: