Views
Helpful
Replies

Huawei switch to Cisco Communication in WIFI Network

michaelgitonga
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have a problem with a Cisco based WIFI mesh and CAPWAP/LWAPP network.

Scenario 1:

Huawei Core switch and a mix of 3com and Dlink switches. Cisco controller, Mesh outdoor and LWAPP indoor 1130 access points were all working when management Vlan is vlan 1.

Scenario 2:

Management vlan is transffered to vlan 405 for all access points and wireless controller. All Mesh Route Access Points (RAPs) are connected to cisco 2960 switches.

Scenario 2.1

The huawei core switch is connected to two cisco 2960 switches. Both cisco switches are on VTP trancsparent mode. All switches (huawei and cisco) have Vlans 1 and 405 and their respective subnets configured in them. One cisco switch has spanning tree disabled on vlans 1 and 405 while in the other, spanning tree is enabled on vlans 1 and 405.

Problem is: When i connect to switch with spanning tree enabled on port accessing vlan 405, i cannot ping default gateway controller and other devices in vlan 405 or 1 BUT when i connect to switch with spanning tree enabled, i can ping default gateway, controller and devices in vlans 405 and 1.

Scenario 2.2

There are two 1130 access points and one 1522 outdoor access point connected to huawei core switch. 1130s are visible in controller but 1522 is not. Any access point connected to cisco switches is not visible on controller.

Kindly assist.

1 Reply 1

michaelgitonga
Level 1
Level 1

Links between huawei and cisco switches are trunk ports with all vlans allowed. encapsulation in cisco switches is default: 802.1q. Does huawei have any other encapsulation other than 802.1q?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card