ASA: IPSec Tunnel to 880 Router Sitting Behind DSL Modem

Unanswered Question
Jan 28th, 2010
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Please give me a sanity check on whether or not I need to request from the ISP a hard coated ip address in order to make the following work:

ASA at headquarters and 880 router in a remote home office sitting behind a DSL modem. All I see in the documentation is the need for the peers to be clearly specified by IP address.

Please point me to the document if there is some other method to do this or I am reading things incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Jon Marshall Thu, 01/28/2010 - 11:18
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

pmccubbin wrote:

Please give me a sanity check on whether or not I need to request from the ISP a hard coated ip address in order to make the following work:

ASA at headquarters and 880 router in a remote home office sitting behind a DSL modem. All I see in the documentation is the need for the peers to be clearly specified by IP address.

Please point me to the document if there is some other method to do this or I am reading things incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul

Well you will need a static IP for one end but the other end can be dynamic eg -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094a87.shtml

Is this what you are asking ?

Jon

pmccubbin Thu, 01/28/2010 - 11:38
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Thanks, Jon. A "5" from NYC for helping me keep my sanity.

Actions

This Discussion