cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail timestamp is wrong

cptigers1
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization is using a 2811 router with Call Manger Express (CME 7.1) and Unity Express (2.3).  The time stamp on the messages left in our voice mail is off by 2 hours.

The system time on the router is correct and set to the correct time zone.  NTP seems to be functioning.  I did make some changes to the time zone recently to correct the times on the phone (although I then discovered this has to be changed in the telephony-service), but I saved the configuration and reloaded the router.

How does this system determine what time stamp tp put on a message?

Thanks, Amanda

Amanda Byrne

IT Administrator

CarolinaTiger Rescue

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amanada,

Carolina Tiger Rescue....sounds like a very cool place to be working

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friend Brandon (+5 "B")

Have you tried these commands?

Problem: CUE Clock Not Synchronizing with CME Router Configured as a NTP Server

NTP on the CUE is unable to synchronize with the CallManager Express. The CallManager Express router is configured as a NTP server. The CUE clock is not displaying accurate time. However, CallManager Express displays the correct time.

Issue these commands in order to overcome this problem:

On the CallManager Express router:

ntp master

On the CUE:

ntp server x.x.x.x

!--- Where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the CME router which is configured as a NTP server.

Once the mentioned configuration changes are made on the CUE and CallManager Express, issue the show ntp status command on the CallManager Express router. You should see that the clock is synchronized.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#k1

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the CUE GUI, go to System > Network Time & Time Zone Settings. Set the proper NTP server and timezone. Then go to Administration > Control Panel. Save the CUE config and reload the CUE module.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Yes, those are the steps I had already tried.  The system time is correct and is running on a valid NTP server.  I've reloaded the CUE and the router configuration.  What's the next step?  Do we know that this is where the voicemail gets its stamp?  Could there be some sort of cache it accesses?

thanks, Amanda

Yes, this is where CUE gets the time. Make sure the NTP server is reachable from CUE.

router#service-module service-engine 0/0 session

cue>ping

Hope this  helps.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amanada,

Carolina Tiger Rescue....sounds like a very cool place to be working

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friend Brandon (+5 "B")

Have you tried these commands?

Problem: CUE Clock Not Synchronizing with CME Router Configured as a NTP Server

NTP on the CUE is unable to synchronize with the CallManager Express. The CallManager Express router is configured as a NTP server. The CUE clock is not displaying accurate time. However, CallManager Express displays the correct time.

Issue these commands in order to overcome this problem:

On the CallManager Express router:

ntp master

On the CUE:

ntp server x.x.x.x

!--- Where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the CME router which is configured as a NTP server.

Once the mentioned configuration changes are made on the CUE and CallManager Express, issue the show ntp status command on the CallManager Express router. You should see that the clock is synchronized.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#k1

Hope this helps!

Rob

Well here's where I have problems understanding.  CUE and CME are both installed on the 2811 router.  The router IP is 10.10.10.1.  I can telnet into this and get a prompt that was given the name "CME".  When I use the CUE GUI, I use 10.10.10.2 as the browser URL to get to it; however, I cannot telnet to 10.10.10.2.  The system time in the GUI is correct.

I did not set up the VoIP system, and I'm a "broad spectrum" IT person (oversee all things computer-related), so I'm not exactly adept with the VoIP details.  So how do I differentiate what is CME and what is CUE?

and Carolina Tiger Rescue is the COOLEST place to work 

- Amanda

Amanda,

CUE is a separate module on the router. It essentially derives power from the router and shares a bus for communication. Otherwise, it is a separate device. You can telnet to the CUE module, but you have to use a port number on the telnet statement. The other way to get to the command line is from within the CME CLI:

cme#service-module service-engine 0/0 session

OR

cme#service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session

This command will differ slightly depending on the CUE module that you have. If you look in the CME config you will see something similar to:

interface service-engine 0/0

OR

interface integrated-service-engine 0/0

Are you using 10.10.10.1 as the NTP server? Can you ping it from the CUE command line?

Brandon

Great! I was able to learn how to access the comand line of the CUE using your instructions Brandon, and was then able to set the CME as the NTP master in config mode, sign into the CUE CLI, and set the ntp server to the CME router per your instructions, Rob.  I have tested the voicemail timestamp- and it works!

Thanks guys, this is a nuisance we've had to live with for 2 years, and now it is finally solved! - Amanda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: