CCIP - Was planning on taking the BSCI...

Answered Question
Jan 28th, 2010
User Badges:

Evening everyone!  I've looked around and perhaps I've just gone cross eyed for this answer.

But I know with the sweeping CCNP changes the BSCI is going away effective July 31, 2010.  My question though is how will this affect me in getting my CCIP?  I've been studying and am due to take this test in late February early March.  Does this mean I'll have to also pass the QoS, BGP, and MPLS tests as well before July 31, 2010 for the BSCI to count?  Or perhaps there is an effective "death date?" of the certification that I have from the time its removed for me to complete the CCIP.

Any help anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul, CCNA

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 7 years 2 months ago

Paul,

You will have 3 years from the date you pass the BSCI to pass the other exams. See the following links.

http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5792/related/1/kw/bsci/p/%20/r_id/166

http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5793/related/1/kw/bsci/p/%20/r_id/166

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Ganesh Hariharan Thu, 01/28/2010 - 23:17
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, February 2016

Evening everyone!  I've looked around and perhaps I've just gone cross eyed for this answer.

But I know with the sweeping CCNP changes the BSCI is going away effective July 31, 2010.  My question though is how will this affect me in getting my CCIP?  I've been studying and am due to take this test in late February early March.  Does this mean I'll have to also pass the QoS, BGP, and MPLS tests as well before July 31, 2010 for the BSCI to count?  Or perhaps there is an effective "death date?" of the certification that I have from the time its removed for me to complete the CCIP.

Any help anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul, CCNA

Hi Paul,

To be a complete CCIP you need to complete the following modules:-

642-901 BSCI  Last day to test: July 31, 2010     Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)

OR 

642-892 Composite Last day to test: July 31, 2010     Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)

OR  

642-902 ROUTE Available March 10, 2010     Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)

642-642 QOS     Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QoS)

642-661 BGP     Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP)

642-611 MPLS     Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS)

OR you can follow the belo approach to complete the CCIP

Required Exam(s) Recommended Training

642-901 BSCI Last day to test: July 31, 2010     Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)

OR

642-892 Composite Last day to test: July 31, 2010     Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)

OR    

642-902 ROUTE Available March 10, 2010     Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)

642-642 QOS     Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QoS)

642-691 BGP+MPLS     Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS)

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the valauble post

Ganesh.H

paul.campbell3 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 04:32
User Badges:

Ganesh,

As stated in my post I knew about the BGP, MPLS, & QoS tests, and I am fully aware of what certifications are required to become CCIP  certified

My question was if I take the BSCI now and pass, do I have 3 years (hopefully won't take that long!) to fully complete the rest of the CCIP, or do I have to do finish the entire track by July 31st.

Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Fri, 01/29/2010 - 06:05
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Paul,

You will have 3 years from the date you pass the BSCI to pass the other exams. See the following links.

http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5792/related/1/kw/bsci/p/%20/r_id/166

http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5793/related/1/kw/bsci/p/%20/r_id/166

Hope this helps.

Brandon

paul.campbell3 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 06:13
User Badges:

Thanks Brandon. I was concerned due to the "(Last day July 31, 2010)" annotations on the CCNP certs and not on the CCIP.  Going by some heresay on the internet forums I was apparently mislead.  Thanks, that first link I couldn't find myself.

Appreciate it!

Actions

This Discussion