cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Handset/Speaker Volume

aapexisinc
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to increase the volume of the 504G other than the volume control button on the phone?  My customer is complaining that the max volume setting obtained is not loud enough.

14 Replies 14

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

What firmware are you running?  There are a few volume fixes for the SPA phones in the 7.4.3 firmware.

They are running 7.1.3, but I seem not to be able to update the phone loads using CCA 2.2.1; drag and drop does not work.

What error are you getting when you do this?  You must have no TFTP servers running when you do this.  Also, disable the firewall and antivirus on your computer.  I have tried this before with CCA 2.2.1, so I know that it works. 

Also, make sure you are using the .bin file.

One other thing, can you provide a show flash: all

Thanks

I just get a circle with a line through it when I try to drag onto the topology view.  No other tftp servers are running, and disabling firewall/antivirus makes no difference.

Do you get an error at the bottom of the screen at all?  Can you post your CCA log?

No errors at all... it won't let me drag it onto the topology view...

How do I get at the CCA log to post it?  It shows nothing reagrding my attempt to drag and srop, though... just the basic startup messages.

Help -> Support Information -> Troubleshooting Log.

Try it one more time, then get the log.

log attached.

I see that little circle with the line through it too...but when I release the file on the UC540 topologu ICON, it works.

Did you try that too?

Yes, I've tried that, but nothing happens.  You're dropping it directly on the uc540 icon, right?

Can you manually copy the file to flash using tftp?

From a UC500...

copy tftp flash:/phones/5x5

(pick the file etc)

config t

tftp-server flash:/phones/5x5/spa5x5-7-4-3.bin alias spa5x5-7-4-3.bin

telephony-service

load 501G spa5x5-7-4-3

load 502G spa5x5-7-4-3

load 504G spa5x5-7-4-3

load 508G spa5x5-7-4-3

load 509G spa5x5-7-4-3

no create cnf-files
create cnf-files
Reboot the phone.

I did that, after giving up on the drag-and-drop.  The phone firmware is updated, but I don't notice any significant improvement in the volume.

Would you mind opening a case for this problem?  If there is still a volume problem, it would best to get a case opened for this.

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

My client's complain of the same issues with these handsets.

Upgrading the phone firmware to latest version makes some improvement, but most times they still think it's too quite or 'tinny'.

I am interested in hearing Cisco's response to your post.

Stacy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: