Views
Helpful
Replies

QPM 4.1 policy deployment

l.stafford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue deploying a policy with QPM; The policy I am deploying gets stuck on the "in progress" state and never deploys properly. Looking at the CLI of the router I can see some of the policy commands have been entered from QPM, but the job gets stuck half way. For example all the class-maps are there, but the policy map never makes it into the config.

The device and IOS and QoS features are supported fully, so its not a device support issue. I have even manually created the policy via CLI and then imported this via QPM, and then tried to deploy it back to the router - but this fails.

I have created a simple policy of 4-5 lines and deployed this successfully via QPM, so the functionality is there. Each time I try and deploy the desired full policy I get about 20 lines of config before the job stops and "hangs"

anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

2 Replies 2

l.stafford
Level 1
Level 1

I have found a workaround, if I enable Telnet as the deployment method then the policy is applied correctly. Must be a bug with SSHv2 support.

That rings a bell: QPM 4.1 is shipped with RME 4.2, whose NetConfig component is the one that actually deploys the policies. In that case, you're probably hitting a combination of the three known bugs: CSCsv95235 / CSCsw39641 / CSCsw88378.  To overcome the bugs, you could contact Cisco TAC to obtain a consolidated patch for RME 4.2. Just make sure the patch received has the md5 checksum of 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e. Here's an older thread from another QPM user who experienced the same issue: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/680263

Alternatively, the bugs are supposedly fixed in RME 4.3, but I don't see a QPM 4.2 available yet to upgrade to.