Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3(b) CCMUser Phone Guide

Jason Nash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently doing some testing on CUCM 7.1.3(b) before go live, I have come across a minor problem with the option for the user to access a copy of their phone user guide from the CCMUser page.

On the device configuration page you have the option to 'Download User Guide', on clicking this all I receive is a 404 error as below. In this example it was a 7940 handset but I have tried with the same result for a 7942. Do these need to be installed separately or are they only available for certain handsets or locales etc? I have tried loading the latest locale pack from CCO but this makes no difference. If I manually browse to the below link but amend 'en_gb' to 'en_us' the pdfs seem to be present so it seems that the guides are missing for the English UK locale.

HTTP Status 404 - /PhoneGuides/locales/en_gb/PhoneOnlineGuide/7960/6040sccp.pdf

type: Status report

message: /PhoneGuides/locales/en_gb/PhoneOnlineGuide/7960/6040sccp.pdf

description: The requested resource (/PhoneGuides/locales/en_gb/PhoneOnlineGuide/7960/6040sccp.pdf) is not available.

Not a major problem but would just be nice to tidy this up.

Any suggestions?

Jason

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Pretty sure that you are seeing a Bug here

Here are two similar 7.x bugs;

CSCtb20677
Online User Guide not available for 7925 model phone

CSCta38899
LI 7.1.2: phone guide for7925 and 7931 is missing in locales.

And here is an older 5.x that did have a workaround;

CSCsi56192 Bug Details

FRA: ITA: DEU: User guide for 7941/7961 phones not found

Symptom:

German, French and Italian user guides for 7961/41 not downloadable from user web page.

getting following error:

HTTP status 404

The requested resource (/phoneguides/locales/de_de/phoneonlineguide/7961/6141sccp.pdf) is not available.

Conditions:

CCM 5.1.1 with following locale installed:

cm-locale-combined_network-5.1.1.0-1.cop

cm-locale-de_DE-5.1.1.0-1012.cop

cm-locale-fr_FR-5.1.1.0-1.cop

cm-locale-it_IT-5.1.1.0-1.cop

Workaround:

user can change the URL with following:

https://x.x.x.x/PhoneGuides/locales/fr_fr/7961/6141sccp.pdf

It will bring up the corresponding user guide for the language selected.

or you can use the online help guide from Cisco.com :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/index.htm

Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

Any Time

Product

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Technology

1st Found-In

5.1(1)

Fixed-In

Release-Pending

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I thought this may well be the case. I don't think this would be possible but could the link from the CCMUser page be changed so that it displays the guide via the working link under the US locale rather than having to change the link manually each time? I

have tried changing the end user profile locale to English, US but this does not help.

Guess we will just have to live with this one and accept the link does not work for now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: