cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF Readiness Information

Radim Slezak
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem in LMS 3.2 with vrf capable or supported devices. I can't see only devices which have more than one OSPF process. Other devices with one OSPF process I see normally. Do you have any idea what's wrong? It doesn't depend on type of device. (2821, 3825, 3845)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How exactly do these devices show up in the readiness report?  In order for a device to be VNM-supported, it must be of the correct hardware type.  Those types can be found in NMSROOT/vnm/conf/metadata/vnmMetaData.xml.  Additionally, it must also respond to the OID 1.3.6.1.3.118.1.1.1 with either a 0 or a positive integer.  The device should also be managed by RME for complete support.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How exactly do these devices show up in the readiness report?  In order for a device to be VNM-supported, it must be of the correct hardware type.  Those types can be found in NMSROOT/vnm/conf/metadata/vnmMetaData.xml.  Additionally, it must also respond to the OID 1.3.6.1.3.118.1.1.1 with either a 0 or a positive integer.  The device should also be managed by RME for complete support.

HW is correct. Problem happend on the same platform, IOS, RAM (C3825-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T8) diferrence is only in configuration OSPF processes. Device with two processes is not visible in VNM report. In other parts of LMS is visible.

What do you get when you walk 1.3.6.1.3.118.1.1.1 on this router?

output files from SNMP walk

How does this multi-OSPF 3825 show up in the report?  Is it visible at all?

capable device is not visible in topology map and it's only one device from all network which is capable

supported device is visible in topology map

not-view is visible in topology map

in VNM report this multi-ospf device doesn't show

Okay, so the device isn't being managed by Campus Manager.  Check Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection, and make sure the device is n

ot excluded (or if you are statically including devices, make sure it is included).  Then run a new Campus Data Collection from Campus Manager > Home.  That should get the device to be managed.

Devices arenot excluded from CM. I deleted all devices from CS and rediscover from csv file. After it I reinited db. I can use report for all devices. I have descovered 869 devices. If I want to check devices and I use link on main page of CM in line Data Collection, I can see only 163 devices manually included. It could be problem. But I don't have idea what's wrong.

Is your server integrated with ACS?

no and never been

Post screenshots of your Device portal view and of the Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings.

What do you mean Device portal view. Could you tell me more?

It appears there may be a more serious issue.  Post the output of the pdshow command as wel as the CMFOGSServer.log and CampusOGSServer.log.

Here are requested files. After reinitdb Topology view doesn't show VRF devices and VRF, in RME config archive doesn't show devices, in CM data collection doesn't run scheduled job. On Monday I will get back backup version before reinitdb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: