Replies

BLF SPEED DIAL

tomboyadefila
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have callmanager 7.0

i have configured speed dial button on phone A to monitor phone B

When phone B get connected in a call, the BLF button onphone A shows the busy icon.

BUT when phone B is ringing the BLF button on phone A do not blink, i do not know the reason for this

i have checked the SRND for callmanager 7.0 but can get any answer

Help is need

Thanks

7 Replies 7

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Maybe you should check the Subscribe Calling Search Space on phone A.  If that checked out, reset phone A.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hello Michael,

I did all that that s the reason the phone was able to display the busy icon with red lit on the button when the watched phones get connected in a call

the issue is it is possible for the blf speed dial button to blink when the phone being watched is ringing

thanks

If the phone is controlled by CallManager (CUCM), the BLF button can only monitor offhook/onhook status.  It cannot monitor ringing status.

If the phone is controlled by CallManager express (CME), you should be able to monitor the ringing status.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Are you sure about your statement? Isn't it the other way around?

CME    - Not possible to see ringing state

CUCM - Possible

I have spent a good deal of time now trying to get BLF Pickup to work with CME8 and it is just not working or described in any of the cisco manuals for CME.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

Just to add a note to the great info from Michael (+5 "M")

Have you tried BLF Pickup?

BLF Pickup Action

If a line is in the BLF alerting state, the local user can press the associated speed-dial button (BLF Pickup button) to pick up the call. The phone picks up the call on the next available line if the user does not first specify a line. If auto-pickup is enabled for the line, the call connects automatically; otherwise, the call rings on the local phone and the user must manually answer it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Pressing the BLF Pickup button at a time when no BLF alerting indicators are present results in the phone speed dialing the associated directory number.

Unlike the existing BLF feature, BLF Pickup cannot be configured for a call log or directory listing; BLF Pickup works on a speed-dial line button only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These BLF enhancements are supported on the following SCCP phones:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7945G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/rel_notes/6_1_2/cucmbe-rel_note-612_2.html#wp308676

Using Call Pickup Groups with BLF Pickup

The Busy Lamp Field (BLF) Pickup feature adds call pickup capability to BLF SpeedDial buttons. When enabled, this feature alerts a user when a BLF SpeedDial destination gets an incoming call so that the user can pick up the call. Call pickup groups control which phones a user can monitor and access. A call pickup group can now include a hunt pilot to support line group pickup.

.The busy lamp field indicates the line state at the remote device. BLF alerting is indicated by an animated icon, LED appearance, and optional tone. You can enable audible alerts at the system and device level.

An alerting call state makes the BLF Pickup button function available. When the user presses the BLF Pickup button, the phone picks up the call.

•If the monitoring device has multiple lines, the system uses the primary line as the pickup line or the next available line if the primary is not available.

•If the monitored destination is receiving multiple calls, the first call or the higher priority MLPP call gets picked up; any remaining calls continue to trigger the alerting status on the BLF Pickup button.

•If the user at a monitored destination answers the call before call pickup, the BLF Pickup button displays a busy status.

After call pickup, the BLF Pickup button status reverts to the current status for the monitored destination: idle, busy, or DND (when enabled with the "BLF Status Depicts DND" service parameter).

As admnistrator, you must modify the standard line button template to include the BLF SD option for users to invoke the BLF pickup feature. See "Configuring a Customized Phone Button Template for BLF SpeedDial Buttons" in the Presence chapter for more information.

The following phone models are equipped with BLF line buttons and support the BLF pickup feature: Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970, and Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971. The Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7914 supports this feature when connected to one of these phone models.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/rel_notes/6_1_2/cucmbe-rel_note-612_2.html#wp308333

Hope this helps!

Rob

hello,

i read this topik and i have another question,

i try too this feature on CCM V6.1.3. with phone 7961-G

i would like to know if the blf call pickup can monitor another group ?

My case :

group 1111 in partition A = user 1(phone 7940) and user 2 (phone 7940)

group 2222 in partition A = user 3 ((phone 7961) and user 4 (phone 7940)

associate group 1111 with group 2222 in Current Associated Call Pickup Groups

create a DN number 1111  in partition B (another partition)

create a BLF call pickup on user 3 include DN 1111 in partition B

My problem , the blf don't appear on the phone on the button, and when the user 1 receive a call, nothing happens .

thank for your help

regards

Did you create a new line on the phone which will be a watcher to watch the other phone. The phone which will be be the watcher use phone - phone button softkeys - on the type of your cisco phone click on it and have a copy and assign other line ans choose BLF. On watcher IP phone update the softkeys template and select the new one , after that reste the IP phone , click on the BLF new line . Type the description , number which will be monitored and click on pickup.

check the partitions and call search space.