cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560, client does not want to dial a number to dial out

Audy Bautista
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a UC560 that I'm configuring for a client.  I just found out that they do not want to dial a number to call an outside line.   The CCA does not give an option to change it to none.  Can someone assist me with translation rules so that I can make this work with the CLI?  I understand that this will break CCA, but I'm ok since I am very comfortable with the CLI.

Also the client wants to continue to dial a digit (client wants to use #2) to transfer to voicemail.  This is a one site configuration, so we will never need this unit to talk to another UC500.  Please help, thanks.

4 Replies 4

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Someone else will probably bring this up, but there is a good reason for dialing a digit to access an outside line.  We use a UC520 in our corporate office where most user extensions are 3 digits and start with a "2".  One of my colleagues, we'll call him Bill, has extension "206" for his personal extension which also happens to be the area code for Seattle.  If there is no way to tell the UC560 that I am trying to call Seattle, it will dial Bill everytime I start to dial.

Dialing "9" prior to dialing an outside line is a new procedure that is a pain when you first have to learn it, but eventually becomes second nature.

As for changing the voicemail transfer prefix, go to Configure>Telephony>Voicemail in CCA and change the Direct Transfer Prefix.  Ours is set to "6", but you could change this to "2".  In our example, if I wanted to send a call to Bill's VM, I would simply hit the Transfer key, dial 6206, and hit the transfer key again.

Hope that helps,

Seth

Unfortunately, we're cutting over a client who was on a hosted Enterprise Call Manager setup where dialing a number to get out was disabled, so we have to mirror how they have it now.

They always have to dial 10 digits to get out (1 - area code - number ), so the scenario you mentioned wouldn't be an issue I'm thinking.  We definitely have to make this work.

Please try to talk the customer into using an access code. CLI usage voids TAC support.

If this is impossible, here is the CLI to do it:

hhttps://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9787

Marcos

Audy Bautista
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks!  I will try what's in the link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: