cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How-to "auto-direct" RAS users once connected?

ottawa_tech_31
Level 1
Level 1

We have an AS5350XM on order, which I'll get to configure (first time for a RAS box for me

Basically, we'd like it that once users are connected to our RAS that either a specific website automatically opens (such as internal corporate portal with webmail), or to have a banner popup with links to those resources.

Is this do-able? How do I do this, and is this the best way to do it?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, the AS cannot do that (captive portal). You must use an external device for that.

ottawa_tech_31
Level 1
Level 1

i know it can't host the portal.

i am asking about either a script posy-login that could bring up a website, or bring up a banner with links.....like an sslvpn landing page or a menu.

basically, i'm tasked with restricting ras, and i'm looking for something to "guide" my users to a portal (like herding cattle...)

As mentioned above: The AS cannot modify user traffic in any way, meaning no landing page, script or anything else. These are all features of a captive portal, that the AS does not do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: