AnyConnect installer gives Fatal Error with SBL

Unanswered Question
Jan 29th, 2010
User Badges:

Running Windows Server 2003 x64 and AnyConnect 2.4.1012

SBL installation is failing because it doesn't support anything past vista64. It was my understanding that PLAP is used with Vista, 7 and Server 2008; and that SBL was used with XP and Server 2003. Did I misread this? What AnyConnect component should I be using in order to establish the VPN connection before any user logs in?

Thanks in advance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
billstoker Mon, 08/30/2010 - 14:09
User Badges:

I have this same problem, and the same question.  According to this article:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00809f0d75.shtml#sdt

SBL is supported on Windows 7, which is the platform where I am trying to get this to work.

I have found that I can push out manually the pre-deploy for AnyConnect client core, then manually install the GINA pre-deploy component, then when I connect to my properly configured ASA and select the appropriate VPN connection profile (which has SBL enabled and an associated profile.xml file) I do get the profile.xml pushed out and PLAP works on Windows 7.  It is just that I need the web deploy to work correctly on these Windows 7 clients without having them come in to the office for a manual pre-deploy, and don't want them to have to do it from CD/USB media since they are non-technical field staff.

Actions

This Discussion