cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic downgrade of anyconnect client when connecting with newer version?

Darthkim_2
Level 1
Level 1

Ever since the beta for anyconnect 2.4, i've seen this issue when testing new Anyconnect vpn clients.

5520 running 8.2.1

current default client is 2.3.x

use Secure desktop to validate if machine belongs to our company (registry check)

When I download a new version from cisco, lets say 2.4.1012, and connect to the ASA, it automatically uninstalls the new version and then installs 2.3.x

It only seems to exhibit this when using 2.4 clients.

How can i fix this on the ASA to allow newer clients to connect?

2 Replies 2

bravotom99
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get an answer to this?  I have someone with the same issue.  We have AnyConnect 2.4.1012 but have installed 2.5.2014 on a couple machines.  Most are working fine but I am being told by one user that it is trying to downgrade back to 2.4.1012.  I don't have the newest pkg file on the ASA but I would think I shouldn't have to if all other machines are not experiencing the same behavior.  I have checked the autoupdate xml tag and made sure it was set to false.  Any ideas?

I have seen this behavior occur if the update.txt or the VPNManifest.dat files get out-of-synch or corrupted.  If the version check process cannot correctly validate the locally installed version, the downgrade will occur.  I did run accross bug CSCtb77069 from the early AnyConnect 2.4 days.  If you are continuing to see this issue in more recent versions, feel free to PM me the above files for me to review.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtb77069

Todd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: