Views
Helpful
Replies

Probelm with SPA941 phones

grantjohnston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a number of SPA941 4 line phones and they work very well except for two that perminently have the Linksys logo on the display. I have tried poweing them down and restarting them but to no avail. No buttons respond. they wont connect to the server, make calls and they dont obtain an IP so I cant see them on the network.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Grant

9 Replies 9

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The Setup button doesn't respond?  (below the envelope button)

When it boots, it doesn't boot all the way through?

If so, try the enclosed recovery file.

Hi

Unfortunatley no buttons respond it just stays on the Linksys logo. No buttons work.

Please try the tool attached on the previous response and let us know.

Regards
Alberto

As I said in my first post it does not obtain an IP so I cannot see it on the network or connect the updater software to it.

I've also issuing the same problem. I just can see Linksys logo, no button is working.

There is no network connectivity and switch port is down.

Is it able to bring phone back to life?

Has there been any reply to this issue, I am having the same pronlrm with a refurbed SPA-941.

I cannot connect to the phone via the IP, I have tried the recovery firmware tool and the software is unable to locate the phone via the IP or the Serial Number.

Mostly, I get the Initializing Network screen and nothing else, also the Mute Key flashes very fast at initial switch from the Logo screen to the network screen then stays a continuous red.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Brittany;

Try disabling CDP, this may be a CDP conflict issue. Press setup button, network then disable CDP.

Regards

Alberto

Alberto, thanks for the fast response, however as all of the other posts have stated, I do not have the option to use the setup button.  None of the buttons function. The phone is locked up.

Dear Brittany;

If the Setup button does not work and the recovery tool does not work then phone is not operational. Only solution is to RMA. In your case, please contact your reseller for a substitution as it is a refurbished product.

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: