cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 Vlan interface

david-flores
Level 1
Level 1

I am working in a lab environment and I have created several vlan intefaces on my 3560 that I want to be protocol "up".  I only have 1 router connected to it for 1 vlan only that is currently protocol up, is there a command that I can use to have all the other vlans protocol up, so I can ping them?  Please advise.

thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

david-flores wrote:

I am working in a lab environment and I have created several vlan intefaces on my 3560 that I want to be protocol "up".  I only have 1 router connected to it for 1 vlan only that is currently protocol up, is there a command that I can use to have all the other vlans protocol up, so I can ping them?  Please advise.

thanks.

David

If you want the other vlan interfaces to be up/up and you have no devices to connect into the switch ports then the only way to do this would be to make the link between the 3560 and the router a trunk link and allow all the vlans on that trunk.

Jon

that what I figured.  Thanks Jon.  I was hoping there was some other trick  using loopback interfaces, or tweaking the keep-alives.

thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card