I am using Windows XP SP3.

¿Any ideas?

12 Replies 12

keith.craig
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. Just installed CCP 2.1 and

on startup get the error.

I have the same problem  on windows server 2003 with Cisco configuration Professional ccp 2.1

org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException : Cannot open connection

mark.strey
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same Problem. CCP uses port TCP/8009 which was already used by vmware workstation on my workstation. I stopped the service "vmware server web access" and reinstalled the CCP again. After this it is working....

Mark Walters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All -

Same problem here.  Windows 7 32-bit, Cisco Configuration Professional 2.1, Java 1.6.0_17-b04, Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.

TCP Ports 1099, 2038, 8006, 8009, 8600, and some high ephemerals are listening (is all that really necessary?) due to the "CiscoCPEngine.exe" process.  Host firewall is disabled.

Any ideas?

Thx

Mark

Ok, got it working.  Here's what i did, hope it helps:

Downgraded Java 1.6.0_17 to 1.6.0_16.  Downloaded the older release from Sun, installed.  Both version were then installed.  Bring up the Java console (from Control Panel -> Java), go to Java, View, and de-select 1.6.0_17.  1.6.0_16 was my only version left selected.

Reboot, re-install Configuration Professional.  If it works then great, if not try this:

http://a-developers-notes.blogspot.com/2007/05/downgrade-default-jre-on-windows-xp.html

Reboot, re-install Config Prof again.

Note that if you use GNS3/Dynamips then you'll want to update the Java runtime parameters (same location as above) with this:

Xmx256m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

cheers

mark

I am disapointed to see that some resolution are from outside newsgroup when our friends from Cisco should resolve this and guide us into it since it comes from their application. I am not having issues with other JRE applications in my workstation and now because I would have to downgraded or altered JRE, it would probably impact my other apps?

Patching such to downsize JRE as a requirement does not demonstrate a good quality product from Cisco.

Since a good product relies on a "version and higher requirements" concept, JRE developpers should correct their applications accordingly and document Q&A regarding issues from their application.

What is the process to address that directly to our Cisco friends?

jamarsal59
Level 1
Level 1

I download ccp 2.1 again, the file date is Feb 25, 2010, and now it works.

ANDRE MUENTENER
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is a known issue. Please read CSCtf18476 at the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/v2_1/rlsnts/ccp_rel_notes.html

cheers

Andre

Thanks amuentener,

It worked. Followed the link on Cisco website and this what I did.

To resolve this problem, you must modify the hibernate.properties file. Do the following:

1. Go to C:/Program Files/Cisco Systems/CiscoCP/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.properties

2. Open the hibernate.properties file in Notepad, and then search for the following statement:

hibernate.connection.url = 
jdbc:derby:${CP_ROOT_DIR}/cpdb

3. Replace the statement with the following:

hibernate.connection.url = 
jdbc:derby:C:/Program Files/Cisco 
Systems/CiscoCP/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/cpdb

4. Relaunch Cisco CP.

This have solved the problem.

Many thanks

Sylvain

Thanks folks. This worked.

Chirag

Awesome. That was perfect.

Thanks, friend.

Chirag

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: