Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks -- netconfig -- URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "JRM" : Not found

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cisco Team,

Im posting this case as i did not get a proper solution from the thread {https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/646282#646282,

scoWorks and Databases urgent}.

Here the issue is almost same as ....

netconfig window opens with an error message ::

NS0033 : Error occured while processing.

This may be because of URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "JRM" : Not found !!

And an error in the jrm file as :: "FATAL ERROR : Can not connect to database cmf"

This issue started from the day when client noticed that there is a disk constraint in the drive and moved unwanted or non-ciscoworks related file to another storage area. So i was referring the old thread and did the below troubleshooting.

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

rebooted the ciscowoks server

Found the below files under NMSROOT\databases\cmf

1.cmf.db (Did not find cmf.log)

2.a folder called orig

I did not do NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db (Not sure any data will be lost after doing this step and not sure if it is required ??)

You may please find the attached pdshow, jrm.log, netconfigclient logs etc....Noticed that jrm is never started nor started if tried manually. And in services.msc CWCS cmf database status is neither showing as started nor stopped, but blank as attached in the screen shot.

From the another thread {https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/680779#680779,

CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 Problems with Jobs (jrm process) }and confirmed that

\CSCOpx\www\classpath\cisco\nm\cmf\DBService\DBserver.properties --have all the five lines properly.

Kindly help as soon as possible...

~PR

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your CMF database is not starting.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/databases/cmf/cmf.log if it exists.  Then run the following command:

NMSROOT/objects/db/win32/dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT/databases/cmf/cmf.db

Then restart Daemon Manager, and all the processes should come up.

View solution in original post

No, there will not be any data loss performing these steps.  If this does not work, you will need to either reinitialize the CMF database (which means you will lose everything), or you will need to restore LMS from a known good backup.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Joe Marcus Clarke,

Pls check and let me know on this...

would be a great help....

~pr

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your CMF database is not starting.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/databases/cmf/cmf.log if it exists.  Then run the following command:

NMSROOT/objects/db/win32/dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT/databases/cmf/cmf.db

Then restart Daemon Manager, and all the processes should come up.

thank you clarke....

will there be any data loss in DCR or rme ??

i shall do this test and let you know the result...

is there any other steps that i need to perform apart from this....

No, there will not be any data loss performing these steps.  If this does not work, you will need to either reinitialize the CMF database (which means you will lose everything), or you will need to restore LMS from a known good backup.

YES !! thats it, the issue is resolved......and im able to do netconfig jobs.

This thread is closed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:-

I was afraid to do the below step prior to post this thread as i was unaware of the impact.

dbsrv9 -f

Can you pls let me know what really the script does on the cmf database (dbsrv9 -f)

Could you let me know how to reinitialize the cmf/rme/ani etc (procedure)..

what precautions to be done b4 doing this...

how to confirm the connectivity to the databases of cmf/rme/ani etc.

Im sure there would be some commands to check this.

This is just to add my knowledge base.

regards

rajesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: