What's Beta exam

Unanswered Question
Jan 30th, 2010

Hello NW Geeks.,

I am a little chap in the Cisco network world with a (very) little experience in Cisco routers & switches in the area of QoS. Out of curiosity, I started preparing for CCNA but I was just hit with this & don't want to go unclarified on this... In the exam retake policy, I see a rule mentioned as,

"Candidates may only take a beta exam once" -- What's this beta exam? i guess it should be there for all/most of the certification exams.

Could anyone please just share the reason about this statement? It will be of great info for the followers (like me) of you geeks.

Thanks a lot for the sharing.

Wishes!!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ganesh Hariharan Sat, 01/30/2010 - 20:45

Hello NW Geeks.,

I am a little chap in the Cisco network world with a (very) little experience in Cisco routers & switches in the area of QoS. Out of curiosity, I started preparing for CCNA but I was just hit with this & don't want to go unclarified on this... In the exam retake policy, I see a rule mentioned as,

"Candidates may only take a beta exam once" -- What's this beta exam? i guess it should be there for all/most of the certification exams.

Could anyone please just share the reason about this statement? It will be of great info for the followers (like me) of you geeks.

Thanks a lot for the sharing.

Wishes!!!

Hi,

Genrally Beta exam are in cisco is to assure the highest quality in Cisco Career Certification exams, Cisco conducts beta tests of exams for a short period of time prior to their release to the general public.

Following are the beat exam policy which cisco has published

Beta Exam Policy

• Candidates are allowed to take each beta exam only once (no retakes).
  • Candidates must acknowledge the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement online at the authorized testing center prior to taking any Cisco Career Certification exam.
  • Candidates will not be able to proceed with the exam and a refund will not be provided.
  • At the completion of the beta exam, candidates will receive a beta exam receipt.

and check out the below link from cisco regarding the beta exam statement and policy.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_beta_certification_exams_list.html

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the valauble post

Ganesh.H

or in regular human words...

beta exams allow the vendor (cisco in our case but same story with other vendors) to go over the questions and format of th eexam, discover bugs and mistakes and fix them all before the official exam is released.

while doing it training pros can get certified and prepare for teaching those courses

they also allow the common people to take the exam with reduced cost. it builds up buzz for the exam, the new track and that is an important goal

http://ITDualism.wordpress.com

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content