Views
Helpful
Replies

How to discover ASA in LMS 3.1

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Hello friends,

i have discovered switches and routers through CDP,how can i discover ASA while CDP does'nt work on ASA,

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to make sure you have SNMP properly configured on the ASA, and that those same SNMP credentials are configured in Discovery.  If a device shows up as being unreachable, then that means Discovery could not communicate with it via SNMP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to use one of the non-CDP Discovery modules for this.  Many customers choose Ping Sweep.  This will work for the ASA provided you allow ICMP.

Thanks,i will try i will come back to u

hello clarke,

I have enabled ping seep module for discovery but i could'nt found ASA it is unreacheable and found by systems,

thanks,

You need to make sure you have SNMP properly configured on the ASA, and that those same SNMP credentials are configured in Discovery.  If a device shows up as being unreachable, then that means Discovery could not communicate with it via SNMP.

Also note that an ASA will always show up as an unconnected device in Campus Manager since it does not have CDP adjacency with any other device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: