cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared VM box for many users

Ahmad Nizami
Level 4
Level 4

My customer has a requirement where they want to share a single VM for whole support team. Callers call on HUNT pilot and call is routed to one of available members, if no one is available call is sent to VM which plays out a message that no one is available. This is working fine.

What they are looking for is a scenerio where each individual HUNT GROUP member, when not logged-in to the HUNT Group, can also route calls to same VM box if called on his own/personal extension and not the HUNT PILOT.

I have looked in alternate extensions solution but that supports up to 10 phones while customer has more that 10 users in the group.

Wondering if Distirbution List can do the job in this case or should I consider call handlers?

It might be important to mention that customer is not very much concerned about offering callers an option to leave VM but rather play out a message that says "no one is available at the moment". I'm not sure if they would even require a VM box at first place in this case. However that's the way system has been configured so far for groups less than 10 people (using alternate extensions).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anizami,

If you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the specified Voicemail.

For example: you want all calls that go to DN's 3333,3444 and 3555 to go to the Support mailbox. This "Support" mailbox is on DN 3700.

You would create a Profile in CUCM called "Support Info" which points to DN 3700. Apply this profile to 3333,3444 and 3555 and when calls route through these numbers to voicemail they will recieve the Sales Info 3700 Greeting etc.

This profile can be applied to as many phones as needed

Hope this makes sense!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anizami,

If you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the specified Voicemail.

For example: you want all calls that go to DN's 3333,3444 and 3555 to go to the Support mailbox. This "Support" mailbox is on DN 3700.

You would create a Profile in CUCM called "Support Info" which points to DN 3700. Apply this profile to 3333,3444 and 3555 and when calls route through these numbers to voicemail they will recieve the Sales Info 3700 Greeting etc.

This profile can be applied to as many phones as needed

Hope this makes sense!

Rob

Hello Rob

Thanks for the reply and solution.

I'll try it in LAB and will get back if have any further queries.

Regards,

Ahmad

Hi Rob

It worked !!!!!

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

You are most welcome

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: