cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Run macro workflow with Internet Explorer

davidkcampbell
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a run macro action to create a new tab, and then populate a URL for a screen pop. The product is called Numara Footprints, and it runs in a browser. It is working fine, but the issue I am having is that it opens the new tab in whatever IE browser is active at the time, even though I am calling the correct window by name at the beginning of the workflow. Has anyone seen this before? Here is the beginning of the workfow;

[APPLICATION:IEFRAME=FOOTPRINTS - PRE-PRODUCTION - WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER]
[DELAY] 2000
[CONTROL] T
[DELAY] 2000

4 Replies 4

what environment and what are the versions of your CAD/CTIOS ?

I can't believe I didn't list the specs, sorry.

UCCX 7.0(1)

CAD Build 6.6.1.54

I'm not surprised it just locates the active IE. What version of IE is this - when you say TABs I'm guessing IE7 or 8.

Can I ask why you don't use the CAD embedded browser. Although this is a clunky thing that Cisco could certainly improve, if you want to run HTTP workflows it does work well.

In your current workflow, after the new TAB, what are the next things the workflow will do/does? Is that working for you?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for your response Geoff. The IE version is 8.0. So, this is normal for IE and not a bug?

I originally got this working with an http workflow in the embedded browser, it worked great ... fast and clean. But they thought it was confusing to have the main page outside the browser and the pop within. So I have the screen pop wuery URL hard coded in a couple of PV's, and I just add the variable with the ticket number after. I was actually surprised that worked, but it did. It is too bad you cannot use the http workflow step outside of CAD. That would have made everything really easy for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: