License Install in Nexus 7000

Answered Question
Feb 1st, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I wanna install a license file (.lic) in a Nexus 7000

I'm reading the Nexus 7000 License Configuration Guide and in that document I read that you need to access the console (Active

Supervisor Module) before you use the install license command..

My question is, can I execute the same command (install license) via SSH or Telnet ??

Thanks in Advanced

My Best Regards,

Correct Answer by Lucien Avramov about 7 years 4 months ago

Yes you can via telnet or SSH install license. As long as the license file is already uploaded to your flash card on your router.

Correct Answer by sachinraja about 7 years 4 months ago

Hi lomonaco

I think you should be, but never tried before .. This document says you need to install it thro console :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/licensing/guide/Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide__Release_4.2_chapter1.html

but with other devices like routers, we have the "license install" command which we do it remote.. so, i think it must be the same here..

Does it give you an error when you configure this remote , thro telnet or SSH ?

Raj

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
sachinraja Mon, 02/01/2010 - 07:25
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi lomonaco

I think you should be, but never tried before .. This document says you need to install it thro console :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/licensing/guide/Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide__Release_4.2_chapter1.html

but with other devices like routers, we have the "license install" command which we do it remote.. so, i think it must be the same here..

Does it give you an error when you configure this remote , thro telnet or SSH ?

Raj

Correct Answer
Lucien Avramov Mon, 02/01/2010 - 13:39
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Yes you can via telnet or SSH install license. As long as the license file is already uploaded to your flash card on your router.

lomonaco Fri, 03/05/2010 - 07:01
User Badges:

Thanks Raj and Lucien for you help...

Works as expected

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

Actions

This Discussion