Helpful
Replies

License Install in Nexus 7000

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanna install a license file (.lic) in a Nexus 7000

I'm reading the Nexus 7000 License Configuration Guide and in that document I read that you need to access the console (Active

Supervisor Module) before you use the install license command..

My question is, can I execute the same command (install license) via SSH or Telnet ??

Thanks in Advanced

My Best Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi lomonaco

I think you should be, but never tried before .. This document says you need to install it thro console :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/licensing/guide/Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide__Release_4.2_chapter1.html

but with other devices like routers, we have the "license install" command which we do it remote.. so, i think it must be the same here..

Does it give you an error when you configure this remote , thro telnet or SSH ?

Raj

View solution in original post

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can via telnet or SSH install license. As long as the license file is already uploaded to your flash card on your router.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi lomonaco

I think you should be, but never tried before .. This document says you need to install it thro console :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/licensing/guide/Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide__Release_4.2_chapter1.html

but with other devices like routers, we have the "license install" command which we do it remote.. so, i think it must be the same here..

Does it give you an error when you configure this remote , thro telnet or SSH ?

Raj

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can via telnet or SSH install license. As long as the license file is already uploaded to your flash card on your router.

Thanks Raj and Lucien for you help...

Works as expected

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco