Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN client 5.0.04.0300 error 27854 install locks

marc.gwisdek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

When trying to start a installation on a client I get the following error. I was wondering if someone could provide some insight to this.  Of course rebooting the laptop hinders no luck.  Unfortuantly I can not provide further details at this time since I don't have any information or access to the user's laptop.  More or less right now looking to see if anyone came across this situation before.

Error 27854 The network configuration lock is held by another application. Close all applications and run setup again. If this message re appears after closing all applications, please reboot then re try the install. (the application holding the install lock may be hung).

Thank you

Marc Gwisdek

Attached screen shot of error.

3 Replies 3

marc.gwisdek
Level 1
Level 1

Update: The operating system is Microsoft Windows XP SP3

I also have this error.  It was self inflicted because I was impatient while uninstalling 5.0.02.01233 and killed the process because I thought it was hung up.  I'm already on XP Pro v2002 SP3.  Rebooting doesn't help.  I also removed all files in Program Files from the previous installation.  I'm thinking about diving into regedit32......but am open to any other ideas before going that route.

I'm not sure which of the following did it, but the installation program seems to really need the local ADMINISTRATOR

account and not an account that's in a local admin group.  Also, I deleted all of the network adapters and rescanned.  Reinstalled and it's working now.  Special thanks to my Front Office Team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: