Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 Router as H.323 Gateway with CCM 4.1.3

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all,

I am looking into configuring a 2821 router as H.323 gateway in CCM 4.1.3 and am looking for some directions/guidance with what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

I have 4 PRI circuits connecting to this gateway (port 0-1 are connecting to ATT and port 2-3 are connecting to Sprint). How do I configure the gateway to route all local, tollfree and 911 calls to port 0-1 which is ATT only and all long distance calls to port 2-3 which is Sprint ?

Thanks again !!!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would do this with route patterns in CCM and dial peers on the gateway. Your route patterns in CCM would point to the gateway. On the gateway, create dial peers for each set of numbers and point them to the proper port. For example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits 3

preference 0 (This is the default)

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits 3

preference 1

port 0/0/1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would do this with route patterns in CCM and dial peers on the gateway. Your route patterns in CCM would point to the gateway. On the gateway, create dial peers for each set of numbers and point them to the proper port. For example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits 3

preference 0 (This is the default)

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits 3

preference 1

port 0/0/1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon and thanks for responding !! I appreciate your help !!! I will give it a try.

D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: