How to remote reboot a SA 540

Answered Question
Feb 1st, 2010

Hi All's

How can I reboot remotely a SA 540 device ?

I've got some Quick VPN users marked 'connect' but drop button is gray and users cannot connect anymore.

Regards

Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 3 weeks ago

Administration -> Firmware and Configuration -> Network...

At the bottom, there is a button for reboot.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Steven Smith Mon, 02/01/2010 - 14:59

Administration -> Firmware and Configuration -> Network...

At the bottom, there is a button for reboot.

jamccord Tue, 02/02/2010 - 06:42

Please advise what version of firmware is on the SA540.

Thanks,

jason

Steven DiStefano Tue, 02/02/2010 - 12:44

Agree with you about Steven Smith.  He is the man, indeed.

Consider upgrading to the new FW though for the SA 500 router.   Fixed alot of issues.

Stephane.Guedon Tue, 02/02/2010 - 12:48

I've read release notes ... I can't do this operation from a remote site ... and this SA 540 a 800km far away from me.

Any solution ?

Steven DiStefano Tue, 02/02/2010 - 13:06

This was the last FW update that requirs factory reset.  Sorry about that.  There is nothing to do to overcome this.

William Childs Tue, 02/02/2010 - 22:18

Stephane,

You could try remote desktop or Log me in. I personally use log me in for my pcs at my home so I can remotely manage them from any network connection, and the best part is that it is free.

As always, a remote upgrade is not recommended. Therefore, having a person onsite when the upgrade needs to be performed would be a good idea. With remote desktop, you would be using a local computer to do the upgrade, only you would be remotely managing the computer; not the router.

Bill

Stephane.Guedon Wed, 02/03/2010 - 15:52

I was a good idea, even if once reset fixed IP address may be difficult ton configure for an end user ;)

I reboot SA 540 yesterday and ... it did not reboot !!! all leds but power one are off and impossible to get http interface on LAN .

Customer will send me the device ... hope I'll can do something.

Is the SA 540 a good device ? Previously this customer was working with a 871 PIX and no problem for 3 years

Regards

Actions

This Discussion