cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS time settings are incorrect on application

johncomeau
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with the time setting in the GUI of the WCS. The box is set with the right time but in the web interface, the time is 5h in advance.

I noticed this while creating a guest user acct, while editing time settings. The controller is not 5hours advance and has the correct time.

Is there a way for me to find out how WCS is configured with a time zome? WCS is installed on a Windows 2008 Server.

Thanks,

John

4 Replies 4

satcomjimmy
Level 1
Level 1

What version code are you running? I remember this as being a known issue that was

fixed, but my memory is sketchy.

hey thanks for your response. the version of WCS that im running is 5.2.148.0

i still cant seemed to resolved this.

Thanks for any information that you think you can add.

John....

This is per Cisco:

Set Up NTP on the  WCS

The WCS relies on Windows or Linux for the correct time. The WCS checks       the Windows Operating System or the Linux Operating System once every 24 hours       for the system time. Therefore, it does not immediately know about system time       changes unless you stop and restart the WCS server. Right-click on the clock       and select Adjust Date/Time. Use an NTP time source to set the       clock and manually set the offset for your time zone. This is typically already       set.

RICH FRUEH
Level 1
Level 1

How did you get it installed on 2008, since the installer doesn't allow it to install?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card