Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create multiple Vlan in Controller 4402

Please let me know step-by-step procedure to create multiple vlan in conroller 4402, In my topology we have vlan -1 for date and vlan - 11 for voice both are in different network, please light me detail config on controller and switch

12 Replies 12

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Here is a link to config and design guides that should help you ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thank leo ... i swore i added a link ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

He he he ... It's ok.  Both of us ain't getting any ratings to buy beers for this.  +5 to you George .

In Controller 4402, when adding WLAN new, I am able to get only SSID, I am not able to see VLAN ID in the page, Please light me how to configure SSID with VLAN ID in WLAN GUI page.

Switching Question, for Access point do I need to configure Access point as trunk port or access port in switch.

Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 6.0
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/Controller60CG.html

In Controller 4402, when adding WLAN new, I am able to get only SSID, I am not able to see VLAN ID in the page, Please light me how to configure SSID with VLAN ID in WLAN GUI page.

Switching Question, for Access point do I need to configure Access point as trunk port or access port in switch.

First, you create your SSID under the WLAN tab of the controller. Under the CONTROLLER tab is where your "wired" vlans and interfaces live. Specific to LWAPP/ CAPWAP access points, you configure the APs switch ports as access layer. The AP creates a tunnel back to the controller. So no need to do trunks... I hope this helps...

Switching side clear, but in Controller creating multiple vlan under TAB WLAN, add new SSID done, please light me how to associate this SSID with VLAN ID, till I am not clear creating SSID and assocaite with VLAN ID

Hi Balamurugan,

I don't want to sound rude, but, you have posted your issue three times.  Each one, I recommended that you go through the WLC Configuration Guide.  I recommended this because you are new to WLC and it's the best way for you to learn.

However, you recent post has led me to believe that you are reluctant to peruse the document and I am puzzled.  Is there any reason of your reluctance and hesitance?

Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 6.0
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/Controller60CG.html

As per document URL says under WLAN  TAB we can create SSID and VLAN ID, but I am not able to see any VLAN ID under WLAN Page.

I may be stuppied to understand the whole document, again my question under WLAN TAB page I have create SSID, how to associate the SSID with VLAN ?, since in controller 4402 page I am able to see only SSID alone.

I will read the doc again today, if it possible could you please help me to.

Hey Balamurugan,

I surely didn't call you rude names such as "$tup1d".

Granted, you read the docu and most likely didn't understand.  Have you tried using CLI?

Dear brother, if you think it is stupid question asking again and again ignore the post or try to help with specific example creating WLAN ID with specific SSID, I know cisco.com URL 10+ years back, it is forum to discuss about basic to advance stuff...not point to cisco.com or playing with words rude and stupid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: