cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Phone "Deceased"

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working an issue in which an ephone status show "deceased".  This particular phone has been "deceased" 3 times in the last 3 months, and no other phone has experienced any issues.  This phone is running off a small switch which is getting it's link from a fiber to copper transceiver.

Any thoughts?  Or info about why the phone is deceased?

Thanks,
Jeff

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Deceased means the phone unregistered due to a keep alive timeout.  Unfortunately, it probably means a network problem.  I would check cabling, the switches, and everything in between the devices.  You might try upgrading the phone firmware, but that is really a shot in the dark.

View solution in original post

DECEASED status indicates that the connection to the Cisco Unified IP phone was closed because of a keepalive timeout. You have a connectivity problem that needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Deceased means the phone unregistered due to a keep alive timeout.  Unfortunately, it probably means a network problem.  I would check cabling, the switches, and everything in between the devices.  You might try upgrading the phone firmware, but that is really a shot in the dark.

DECEASED status indicates that the connection to the Cisco Unified IP phone was closed because of a keepalive timeout. You have a connectivity problem that needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Marcos

Thank you Steven and Marcos for the fast response.....

I appreciate it

Jeff

What if the "phone" changes? Could the ESW switch be bad? We have had this happen 4 times in less than a week to 4 different phones. Only pattern is same ESW switch.

Is there a way to UP the keep-alive?

The default keepalive setting for ephones and telephony-service is 30 secs. If configured in ephone config mode, this keepalive setting takes priority over the global telephony-service keepalive.

From the CME command reference http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_k1ht.html

The following example sets the ephone keepalive interval to 300 seconds:

Router(config)#ephone  1
Router(config)#keepalive 300

or

The following example sets the telephony-service keepalive time interval to 40 seconds:

Router(config)#telephony-service
Router(config-telephony)#keepalive 40

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: