cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV54G Needs constant reboot.

jmardian1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WRV54G router with firmware v2.39.2e.  It was running fine with this firmware.  We have several computers in the house.  When we recently added two new laptops to the mix with two more people using them (i.e. internet traffic went up by approximately 100%), I found that the WRV54G needs rebooting every other day or so.  I ran across this reference on the internet:

The default firmware for Linksys (and all replacement firmwares except for one) have a severe problem where they track old connections for FIVE days, which causes the router to hang when using P2P apps, or any software that generates a lot of connections.

Is there a solution to this problem using the v2.39.2e firmware?

Thank you for any assistance anyone may give me on this.

1 Reply 1

juunda
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I suggest you try to re-upload the firmware doing the following steps,

1. load the default settings for the present firmware through the interface.

2. upgrade the  firmware

3. load the default settings for the new firmware through the interface.

4. manually set up the configuration

This ilogical sequence of steps has seem to have  fixed some of our clients experiencing similar issues with this device, I understand it doesn't make sence but it all relates to the BIOS coding sequence if the problem continues please give our support center a call 1-866-606-1866 so we can further assist you...

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: