'Follow me' setup on the UC500 if not at home, how setup ?

Unanswered Question
Feb 2nd, 2010

Dears,

Not sure if the header will give the right start this discussion, but when you read the question I hope you understand what I mean !

At custom location in Belgium, we have build the UC500 box with thne 7960 Phone and Cisco mobiles.

The customer uses an ISDN line.

In belgium it is possible, that the ISDN-BRI adapter can speak together with BRI and analog connections.

You can say their is an 'online ATA' available which is active on both ports.

At the end of the office hours, the custom have to activate the calls forwarded to his mobile phone.

He/She have to do this on one of the 7960 phones.

I've tested a lot of instructions on the UC500, but no result.

The option on the phone .. push the call to an another number will not work, because that is an setting for one (1) phone  and will not work

if the phone is in active in a hunt group.

On the analogue phone the customer brings in the keys:  *21*[mobile number]#   and for take the phone back: #21# (This is an example)

The use of these 'smart-codes' is standard NOT active on the UC500 box.

Will have anyone fixed this in the correct way (via CLI) to make these same 'shortkeys' active on the Cisco phones.

Many thanks for reply,

Regards Eric Oosterbaan

www.uc500.info

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scd2zaken Mon, 02/15/2010 - 00:42

Dear Steve,

Thanks for the reply, but the SNR (Single Number Reach) will give always the 'call to both phone's ' , that means that their is always a call to the base phone and (in our example) to the mobile phone.

That is not the way to do .. sorry.

On the IP phone .. we have to activate the 'follow me' action ..when leaving the building.
We can't use the 'out of office' time's .. so we have to make the 'follow me' solution by the user himself / herself.

On ythe (old) analogue phone .. you chose for example: #21#04567890234#  to foreward every call who will receive at the office location.
These key's ( I mean the # sign) you can't give standard in the IP phone .. you have to change something in the 'Express software' ... I can't find what !

Regards,

Eric Oosterbaan

JOHN NIKOLATOS Wed, 02/24/2010 - 20:29

Eric each phone has CALL FORWARD ALL RIGHT?  In yur example the user of the IP Phone would just press the call forward all button and add his cell phone# .  Why couldnt you use SNR?  SNR is very powerful and works well.  Yes the IP phone and the cell phone ring together but that is for a good reason. The user can turn SNR on and off easly.

You can not dial # because it does not match a  dial-peer.