cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What causes a Dell Latitude D600 to lock up when the Aironet Cardbus (Air-CB21AG-A-K9) installed?

pete3368
Level 1
Level 1

Everytime I plug in the Aironet Cardbus (Air-CB21AG-A-K9), my Dell Latitude D600 laptop freezes up.  I have to shut down the laptop manually and restart without the adapter.  I have installed the latest software for this adapter.  I tried with a different Aironet adapter, still freezing up.  What could be the problem?

Mike

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have an application running in conflict with the cardbus driver.  I have used this software in various WinXP machines and I have no issues.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

Is only 1 PC doing this or all of them? Is this a custom image or factory ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

This is on 1 pc and has factory image.

What OS does the D600 have?

Windows XP Professional, SP 3

O gezzz... i feel your pain with these types of issues. You tried a total uninstall and reinstall? Shot in the dark, try to load a later driver of the card.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I have installed this software (v4.4) to more than 5 laptops running WinXP SP2 and SP3 and I do not see any errors.  The different clients are not fresh/new build either.

Michael,

I have similar issue with latitude d380,

Have you ever found the cause?

I tried drivers v36 and v44

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card