cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What causes a Dell Latitude D600 to lock up when the Aironet Cardbus (Air-CB21AG-A-K9) installed?

pete3368
Level 1
Level 1

Everytime I plug in the Aironet Cardbus (Air-CB21AG-A-K9), my Dell Latitude D600 laptop freezes up.  I have to shut down the laptop manually and restart without the adapter.  I have installed the latest software for this adapter.  I tried with a different Aironet adapter, still freezing up.  What could be the problem?

Mike

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have an application running in conflict with the cardbus driver.  I have used this software in various WinXP machines and I have no issues.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

Is only 1 PC doing this or all of them? Is this a custom image or factory ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

This is on 1 pc and has factory image.

What OS does the D600 have?

Windows XP Professional, SP 3

O gezzz... i feel your pain with these types of issues. You tried a total uninstall and reinstall? Shot in the dark, try to load a later driver of the card.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I have installed this software (v4.4) to more than 5 laptops running WinXP SP2 and SP3 and I do not see any errors.  The different clients are not fresh/new build either.

Michael,

I have similar issue with latitude d380,

Have you ever found the cause?

I tried drivers v36 and v44

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card