cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC 3.5 record

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have an IPCC version 3.5.4. In the workflow all agents calls are recorded automatically. They go into a folder on the IPCC server c:\Program-Files\cisco\desktopConfig\Audiofiles.. Is there any spot where I can change this location to another secure server.. I need to have the wav files encrypted to meet a security guideline,,

I cannot tell how the wav file get moved from the Agent desktop to the IPCC server.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They are getting recorded in one of two ways: 1) The switch is spanning the voice VLAN to the second NIC on the IPCC server; or 2) CAD is forwarding the RTP packets from the phone to the IPCC server.

They are stored in a RAW file format and there is a utility that can convert them to WAV format. If you are seeing them in WAV format then you likely have a Windows Scheduled Task that is converting them. You could modify that task to save them to remote server if you wish.

The ports are not being spanned.. There is a compnent of IPCC that does the recording. If you

go into desktop Administrator and look at work Flows, you can set a Task to record all when a Agent answers a call

. This is truly a IPCC function. The customer has not added any third party tools.. IPCC is doing it I just cannot figure out where and if we can even change this

I am not saying that it is a third-party tool doing this. The workflow in CDA only specifies that the recording should occur. It does not specify how the recording is captured. I explained the two methods of how this can happen. Since you specified that the VLAN is not spanned to the server, then it is CAD that is capturing the packets from the phone and forwarding them to the server.

You cannot change the behavior of the recording service without breaking support. As I stated, the server is storing them in RAW format. If you are seeing them in WAV format, then the raw2wav.exe is converting them for you. You can change the output of that utility if you want to point the files elsewhere.

Sorry If I mis understood.. How can I change rw2wav and how does it get installed

?

It's installed as part of IPCC. It does nothing by default. It only exists for you to use if you wish. There is most likely a Windows Scheduled Task that is executing it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: