cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manage Express Speakerphone disabled

mdavis
Level 1
Level 1

I have one Cisco 7941 on my CME. I am using the CME Express Web Interface. I have on phone that the speakerphone is disabled. Can someone tell me how to enable the speaker phone?

Michael Davis

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why do yuo say it is disabled ?

When you press the speakerphone button, is says "that key is not active here" and when you go into the phone menu on the actual 7941 phone, it also says the speakerphone is not active, and you don't have the option to enable it.

Try resetting the phone via the keypad sequence at boot.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Just to add another thought to the good tips from my friend Paolo,

here are the commands to enable/disable the speakerphone;

This can be done on CME on a phone by phone basis. Have a look;

service phone

To modify the vendorConfig parameters in the configuration file, use the service phone command in telephony-service or ephone-template configuration mode. To disable a setting, use the no form of this command.

service phone parameter-name parameter-value

no service phone parameter-name parameter-value

This command in telephony-service configuration mode modifies vendorConfig parameters in the configuration file for phones in a Cisco Unified CME system.

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions, support for creating configuration files at a per-phone level was supported and this command in ephone-template configuration mode creates an ephone-template of vendorConfig parameters which can then be applied to an individual Cisco Unified IP phone in Cisco Unified CME.

disableSpeaker {true | false}

Enables and disables the speakerphone.

true Enabled (default).

false Disabled.

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# service phone disableSpeaker false

The following example shows how to disable the Speakerphone on an individual IP phone (ephone 15) using an ephone template:

Router(config)# ephone-template 8

Router(config-ephone-template)# service phone disableSpeaker True (**this would need to be FALSE)

Router(config-ephone-template)# exit

Router(config)# ephone 15

Router(config-ephone)# ephone-template 8

Router(config-ephone)# exit

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# create cnf-files

Router(config-telephony)# exit

Router(config)# ephone 15

Router(config-ephone)# reset

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: