cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to capture traffic on ME3400?

vanjaburic
Level 1
Level 1

In my lab I have a non Cisco gateway (Zyxel VSG-1200) with Cisco ME3400 connected to its LAN port and then I have a PC off of ME3400. I am having issues with VLAN's and I'm trying to see why VLAN's won't work with that specific gateway. VLAN's work fine when I use different vendor (such as Cisco and other ones) Is there any way to capture traffic between GTW and ME3400 to see what is going on? I'm having a feeling that VSG is not tagging packets back into the LAN.

Very simple setup

VSG-1200--> ME3400-->PC

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In my lab I have a non Cisco gateway (Zyxel VSG-1200) with Cisco ME3400 connected to its LAN port and then I have a PC off of ME3400. I am having issues with VLAN's and I'm trying to see why VLAN's won't work with that specific gateway. VLAN's work fine when I use different vendor (such as Cisco and other ones) Is there any way to capture traffic between GTW and ME3400 to see what is going on? I'm having a feeling that VSG is not tagging packets back into the LAN.

Very simple setup

VSG-1200--> ME3400-->PC

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Yes you can configure span session in ME3400 and make one pc with wireshark or ethereal to analyse the traffic which are flowing across the ME3400.

Check out the below link hope that clear out your query !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swspan.html

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card