Views
Helpful
Replies

Using custom Java files in UCCX 7.0

shan.nichols
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm in the process of migrating an existing IPCCX 4.0(5) system to a UCCX 7.0(1) system and one of the applications uses custom Java files to retrieve information from a backend web server/database. While we could get around the use of the Java files with DB steps that isn't an option right now because of the way the project was presented to the internal review process...it has to be a like for like upgrade to new versions with no new functionality or changes implemented so I need to make it work.

I've got all the various .jar files from the original servers and have modified my editor.xml file to use these when opening the scripts that use them. What sort of things do I need to do to get these files to be used by the engine itself? Can I just copy them into the same directory structure as on the old system or must I do other steps to make them available? I'm sure I need to modify the engine.xml file to use the custom Jar files but what other steps do I need to go through as well? Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Reply 1

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

if you look under UCCX there is a Custom File Configuration under the system menu,  You need to upload your jar / class files.  In 7.0 you may need to add them to the lib's path under uccx then move them over the the 'available' column.  You will need to restart the CRA engine after adding the jar files.  Once this is done, you will see in script editor, that on the SET nodes, they are calling the custom classes and functions through the CRS editor.

Cheers,

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: