Replies

AP Groups

michael.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Cisco WiSM

LWAPP 1000 - 1200 Serries APs

4 x wLANs (guest, data, voice, manufacturing)

I have a requirement to only allow one wLAN (voice) on a specific group of access points? is this possible? if so, how do you do it? I have created an AP Groups VLAN and only allowed the voice vlan. I then added the specific access points to this group. However, it seems that al four wLANs are still being serviced by these APs...? Any ideas?

Many thanks

Michael

2 Replies 2

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Depending on the code version that you are running you will want to use AP Groups or WLAN Override.  These two features were combined into one in the later versions.  Since you mention using 1000 series AP's I'll assume you are running 4.2 or earlier.  In this case you would use WLAN override.  Go to Wireless - AP's - 802.11a (or b/g) and configure the radio interface for the AP.  Under there you will see a dropdown to enable WLAN Override.  After you enable it check the WLANs you want to be broadcast on that radio.  Apply the changes and reboot the AP.

Hi Mike,

I created a step by step video on AP group.,

http://www.my80211.com/cisco-wlc-labs/2009/3/22/cisco-ap-group-nugget.html

If you find this helpful please throw some points my way!

Thanks buddy!

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: