Views
Helpful
Replies

Qusetion about UCSS/ESW and upgrade?

AhmedBassiony
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We need to make upgrade from 4.1(3) to 7.1(3b)SU, I want to ask if  the upgrade need to be at first to 6.1 then upgrade to 7.1(3b)SU1?

Can we purchase UCSS/ESW to 4.1(3) although this version is EOS/EOL?

Any Ideas,,,,

Thanks a lot.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ahmed,

You can upgrade from 4.1(3) to 7.1(3b) directly using DMA. You would need to install SU1 after the upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp108792

According to the following link, you can get a support contract on 4.1 through August 11, 2010. I assume this includes UCSS, but you might check with your Cisco account team.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd806f41d9.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon for yours help,

I want to ask u if u have the part numbers of CUCM 4.1 UCSS and ESW?

Thanks alot

Ahmed Bassiony Ibrahem

System and Network Infrastructure Design Engineer

CCNACertified

CCVPCertified

I believe UCSS is UCSS-UCM. ESW will depend on your server hardware. For example, it might be SW-CCM-4.1-7825.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure you have sorted this by now, but you only get 90 days to purchase UCSS from when you first purchase your CUCM. You are way past the conversion dates from SASU to UCSS so the answer should be no in this case.

Since you posted this query User Connect Licensing has been released and this is now the preferred Cisco option for upgrades/new purchases ... UCL will be required eventually if you want to upgrade to 7.1.5 or 8.x. If moving from CM 4.x then upgrade via the 3&3 method which (typically) mean $3 per user and 3 years of UCSS at $26/user ... so basically $29/user. The server count is no longer part of the equation, it's down to the number of users.

If you have no UCSS in place, the 3&3 method seems to be typically cheaper than repurchasing the server licenses, although this depends on number of users and cluster size.

Jed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: