Issue with Inline Power

Answered Question
Feb 3rd, 2010
User Badges:

Hello friends, I've been configuring a NME-16ES-1G-P, and it's needed to shutdown the internal logical interface, but when I do that an error is shown "Shuting down Internal GE interface GigabitEthernet1/0 may render inline power for EtherSwitch Service Module not working properly", what issues can It bring to my network performance, or what problems can I have on my network?

Thanks in advance

Correct Answer by Reza Sharifi about 7 years 3 months ago

Hello Jonas,

Be careful with this command, If you shut the internal interface down, it will bring down the local vlan interfaces also and effect your neighbor adjacency.

Switch(config-if)#sh
%Warning:Internal interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2 is shutdown. System will not deliver power any more if new IP phones are connected

HTH

Reza

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Reza Sharifi Wed, 02/03/2010 - 08:52
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN

Hello Jonas,

Be careful with this command, If you shut the internal interface down, it will bring down the local vlan interfaces also and effect your neighbor adjacency.

Switch(config-if)#sh
%Warning:Internal interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2 is shutdown. System will not deliver power any more if new IP phones are connected

HTH

Reza

Leo Laohoo Wed, 02/03/2010 - 13:13
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

When you do this it means that the command "might" disable the module completely.  But in reality, if you disable the logical interface, the module powers down.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content