Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Port Assignment failed on Campus Manager 5.1

micoogullari
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i deploying LMS 3.1  in my organization.

I finalized the installation and  all looks fine BUT   when i try to assign a port to a different VLAN in Campus Manager (5.1)  i am getting the following error message.

There were some errors during operation."

Error occured moving port Gi1/8 in device 10.x.y.z  into vlan with index XY.

Cause:An error occured while performing SNMP operation.

Action:Examine and save the server log file and report the error to the product administrator for further action.

VLAN Port Assignment failed

any idea?

here is simply the config  related to SNMP on my switch.

snmp-server community XXXXXXXX

snmp-server host 10.X.Y.Z version 2c XXXXXXXX

snmp-server enable informs

snmp-server enable traps 

do i miss anything else?  any recommendation? Why i am getting that error message?

Thank you for your support and asistance.

Kind Regards,

mico

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you may be missing an SNMP read-write community string.  Campus requires SNMP read-write to be configured on the device (with matching credentials in DCR) to do the VLAN configuration.

View solution in original post

where have you set the snmp credentials on the LMS server ?
You need to change them explicitely for an device that is already in DCR. This is one way how to change the credentials:
go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management
Select the Device and click on "Edit Credentials"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you may be missing an SNMP read-write community string.  Campus requires SNMP read-write to be configured on the device (with matching credentials in DCR) to do the VLAN configuration.

Hi Joe,

thank you so much for your kind reply. I configured the snmp RW community string on the switch matching the credentials  on the LMS server but still getting the same error message when i try to assign ports no a different VLAN

here is my commands for the switch:

snmp-server community xxxxxx ro
snmp-server community yyyyyy rw
snmp-server host x.y.w.z version 2c yyyyyy
snmp-server enable informs
snmp-server enable traps

and on the LMS server i set the values:

snmp-server community xxxxxx ro
snmp-server community yyyyyy rw

Start a sniffer trace filtering on all udp/161 traffic between the LMS server and the device.  Then reproduce the problem.  Post the trace file.

where have you set the snmp credentials on the LMS server ?
You need to change them explicitely for an device that is already in DCR. This is one way how to change the credentials:
go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management
Select the Device and click on "Edit Credentials"

micoogullari
Level 1
Level 1

Mermel,

thank you so much!!!  on LMS server  i set the snmp credentials on the server setup by using  ciscoworks assistant.

i was facing the problem mentioned before.

As you said i  went to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management
Select the Device and click on "Edit Credentials"    then set snmp RW credentials and now all is working fine. no more error!

Thank you very much for your assistance and support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco